Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'll be Stroking......


So after a dynamic, heartwarming, and out right awesome job by our First Lady "Michelle" Obama, God gave me this awesome thought, how many of us are stroking the wrong men for the wrong reason!  Yeah I got ya'll on this one!!! For those that are giving up the cookie with out getting the commitment I mean sex too...LOL!!!  I was even going to put Clarence Carter on for ya'll, LOL!!! My church family would fall out!!!!  Anywho...

See in the past few months my husband and I have embarked on sooooooooooooo many relationships that quite frankly started out for the wrong reason.  No love, no commitment, no desire, no substance, and especially no GOD!  It hurts me, it saddens me and it truly worries me because women are supporting a person, because he look good, he gives her all the things she wants, Gurl he drives that car, gurl he is rolling, yea he treat my kids good,but when did you ask is he SAVED!!!! Is this my Boaz?  Lord is this who you want me with!  Men you can use the same questions, but whatever your gender God should be the deciding factor!

Please note everybody take this from someone that has been in the previous position, I am so not judging I am just saying. See my words were," Eww he is fine Lord please let him see me, (he is Gay) or Well he treats me really good, maybe I should give him a chance" (he was abusive), but let me tell the HELL I caught from both of them!!!

So let me borrow some words from my Brother Rev. Taft Cleveland, man how far would our men go if they had women to stroke their men like Michelle Obama.  Well there is no truer statement but ladies what I want you to do is TOO STOP STROKING a man that is not worthy of your affection, your love, your commitment, your compliments, and your support!!!!   JUST STOP!!!

I read post after post yesterday from men saying what if we had more women support their men after Michelle's speech, but none gave the qualification of a man Worthy of that type of EGO STROKE!

So for those that are "Stroking the wrong man" physically, spiritually, mentally, morally, and verbally if your man don't meet these criteria's you need to fall on your knees and seek the only one who can help you into the Boaz He has for you.
http://bible.org/seriespage/two-get-ready%E2%80%94i-story-boaz-and-ruthi

If you heard Michelle she named several qualities of her husband that quite frankly I thought were pretty grand, but when every I want to verify something I always take it to the Lord in prayer so here we go.  Venus Mason Theus ( a very good source on marriage) please comment if I get it wrong!!!

1.  Saved
Hebrews 11:6 ESV /    
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. John 14:15 ESV /    
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
2 Corinthians 6:14-17 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

Ladies why don't we consult Christ first before we make our choice on our mate... by the way per the bible he should be looking for you not you for him!
Proverbs 18:22 ESV /     
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord



2. A provider for his home

1 Timothy 5:8 ESV / 7 helpful votes
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (My friend calls me and say gurl our house note is due and he said he had to get this new 54" TV with the surround sound, but gurl I love him though. I understand he works hard for his money)  FOR REAL!!!

3. Someone that will totally love you like Christ

Ephesians 5:25New International Version (NIV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her (um huh) Don't be stroking no man and he can't do this for you for real ladies!!!)

4. Someone that sacrifices for you!
Genesis 2:24 NK
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Now ladies take it from one that has six brothers and a son of her own it is hard for a man that has had a good mother and some that have had bad to leave their mothers.  I taught my son boy get out of here but the reality is mommy will always be mommy, but like I taught my son I can't do for him what his wife can do for him!! So with that being said understand when that man chooses you over his family that is a sacrifice. In the real world that choice will have to be made sometimes it is a simple move and sometimes it is complicated but how complicated depends on a lot of factors.. that is another post!

5.  The one that you have waited on God for!
Psalm 27:14 ESV /     
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Ladies when I literally threw up my hands and said well Lord I am going to be the first baptist nun, God was able to work with me!  Why because when I threw my hands up I gave my situation up to him!!! It was about six months later that I meet my husband for a second time this time I was single and well 23 years later, 18 years of marriage and three kids, I haven't stop stroking yet :)

Yesterday our First Lady described a man that took care of his family, a man of faith, a man that sacrifices every night to ensure his family needs are meet, that provides for his family and that per her own assessment was equally yoke with her!  That is a man that you can gladly stand behind to push him up, stand in front to shield, fall on your knees to cover in prayer and if you are MARRIED... stroke all night long!!!!

Ladies I truly love you but I pray and ask God that we as women will see, desire and want more for ourselves than what we are accepting.  Remember we are the child of a King and I haven't seen to many princess just get anything unless they don't follow the instructions of the Father!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME Lady Michele! We need to teach a workshop series with these points. If only ALL women would have the faith and the patience to trust God with their hearts and not close their eyes to what is often obviously wrong with the square peg they're trying to fit into their round holes (ok, you can take that as a crude metaphor but it is the truth anyhow), there would be fewer broken hearts, broken promises, broken families and in a lot of cases BROKEN TEETH and BONES!

    I not being judgmental, let's say I'm testifying...been there, done that, got the T-shirt, mug and the hat!

    I had a "practice marriage" and for years I blamed my former husband for our failed marriage. I couldn't understand why he didn't want the same things I did and because we were unequally yoked and I was immature and biased I thought HE was the problem. No! He HAD problems, issues and concerns. I knew that when we began dating, hating much of it and married him anyway thinking I was so virtuous that I'd be able to fix him. WAKE UP CALL SISTERS! You can't fix or raise a grown person. Yes, you can influence them...IF they want or even need to be influenced.

    MICHELE, you mentioned that you threw up your hands and surrendered to God's will and THAT'S when you met the man God created for you - SAME HERE. Once I got V.E.N.U.S. out of the way, the Lord opened a floodgate of blessings in and through my wonderful husband/high priest/lover/provider/best friend/etcetera, etcetera, Jerome Anthony Thues, Sr. a/k/a "Rick"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told ya'll this sister was bad, she made me want to cry!!! I pray that our sisters and daughters in
      Christ won't look at us judging or as some would say condesending, but take this purely as a road already travel and when you see the results of our path choose not to walk in the same mistakes we have!!!

      Delete