Monday, April 29, 2013

A Pastor's Wife


The Pastor’s Wife volume 1,
Well anyone that knows me knows I am not into the Sisterhood movement, the First Lady classification or the publicized ideology that I have to be loud, ignorant, arrogant, rude, bible toting, hat wearing, snobbish acting, unfriendly, 300.00 suit wearing, person to be a saved, well versed, loving, bible believing, Holy Spirit filled Christian wife of a Pastor!  I hope I have covered every aspect of what they are trying to portray a pastor’s wife as. 
For this cause I titled this one Pastor’s Wife Volume I. Why because I for see other volume’s to come. LOL!!! 
Well yesterday I had the esteem pleasure of meeting a young lady, whose husband is just totally on fire for Christ, that didn’t walk around the church like she was “first lady” but more like first mother, first sister and first friend of the members of her church.  She was humble, quiet, didn’t look for any fan fair but received it simply because how she has stepped back and let the Jesus shine in her. 

 Side bar I have never been to such an outstanding real anniversary in my life!!!!  Not a bunch of fake people loving on their pastor, but not a dry eye for every story that was told about the pastor and his love for his church and the love his wife has put into the church.
It was a breath of fresh air to see a Pastor’s wife that simply wanted to see her husband’s calling fulfilled to God’s glory.  Listening to her testimony was just beautiful and refreshing.  It was even more delightful to see how he and her still had the laughter and joy between each other that I see sometimes dwindle in all marriage couples.  That happens to be one of the hardest things for two married people to keep up the laughter, the joy, passion and enjoyment in their marriage, especially when the other women is the church!!!!
So today’s blog is to encourage my sisters in the ministry of pastor wives!!! It is a thankless job but I am proud to be one.  I don’t need any other title.  I have no problem with my husband spending every waking moment at the church because I know Christ must be his first responsibility.  My trust and faith is that Christ will remind him that he has a wife at home.  Now so far Ladies, God has been faithfully on his Job!!  I may not see him like I use to but every now and then he lets me know I am the women of his dreams.  It is the every now and then time that I am trying to learn to treasures.  As my sister said yesterday that is hard sometimes but it is our responsibility to ensure that the ministry that our husbands have begun is completed to God’s glory not our own. 
We are his help mates that mean that we must also ensure he meets the obligations that God has placed on his life. That may mean going to bed without him one night because he must sit at a hospital bed side all night, or repair a ceiling in the church before a grand event.  It may mean cooking dinner fora church function because sisters forget their duties that Sunday.  It may mean giving up a couple date nights to help him clean up the new church building that was just donated to you, or leave church without him because he has to counsel someone through some hard times.   It means giving him the mental freedom to love on his congregation freely even though you know how bad they have talked about him and treated him.  It especially means being a valued part of that congregation and taking up the slack where others members fall short.  (I tell my husband ain’t no member her is going to out due me on loving my pastor, LOL)  :) You have to remember you are just as much of a member as the other members and the more support you give your pastor and holding him up the more desire he has to love you back, even his wife!!!! The truth of the matter is that a True Call man of God is going to do THE Fathers business with or without you!  The ones that leave a church for his wife, or stop doing God’s work for you hasn’t saved a marriage but destroyed a calling and to for some their lives.   In the end you can be a part of the solution or a problem Christ will have to remove.  You make the choice!

I enjoyed sharing some common concerns with my sisters in Christ but I enjoyed even more how she has embraced her husband’s vision, her husband passion and love for Christ and his church!  Just another example of a Pastor’s wife who the church has no problem claiming as their FIRST LADY!!!!
http://www.christianpost.com/news/seven-things-pastors-wives-wish-they-had-been-told-before-they-became-pastors-wives-93384#cB4eyVFZ84Idqets.03

No comments:

Post a Comment